|This is a page from the Flash Renamer user manual.|
This function allows you to change casing (upper or lower) of the letters within filenames.
- Casing or Filename - The settings here only affects the filename.
- Casing or File Extension - The settings here only affects the file extension, ie everything after the last period sign (
- Lowercase exceptions - In accorance with common English spelling rules, some words will always be set to lower case, in order to improve readability.
- Preserve all upper case - When setting the case, the program will first inspect what casing each word is currently using. If it is spelled in all upper case, then it will retain this no matter what. This is typically useful when dealing with abbreviations.
- Preserve mixed case - Like above, but all words with one or more capitalized letter will retain its current state.
- Exceptions - Exceptions are words that should always be spelled with a certain case. This is typically used for abbreviations, such a DJ and CD. Also Roman numbers, eg III should always be spelled with large letters. Click on the button to edit the list of exceptions.