RL Vision Knowledge Base

Support questions and answers for software by RL Vision.

Note: This is an archived discussion. Any bug, problem or suggestion mentioned here is likely to have been fixed since it was written.

Subject: Re: Flash Renamer 6.2

Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:53:05 +0200

At the moment the pattern box can not be made larger. I might make it larger in future versions.

Because you are using Vista, the settings are stored in another folder. >From the manual:


Windows Vista is a bit different. Because the setup program copies the settings to the common appdata folder, the files will inherit setups admin privelidges, so only a real admin (ie with UAC turned off) will be able to modify them. Vista has a solution called Virtualizing that will automatically make copies of the files to a VistualStore folder (typically %userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\RL Vision\Flash Renamer\). This means that all users will have unique settings. If you don't like this, you can change the read/write privileges on the original files (typically stored in C:\ProgramData\RL Vision\Flash Renamer\) and give standard users write privelidges.


I'm a bit puzzled since you say that settings are being saved, yet you still have not been able to register. This problem typically occurs when settings are not saved.

Do you see the "shareware window" at startup?

My recommendation would be to try and remove all settings.bin to reset the settings and try again.

// Dan







Richard wrote:
>
> Sorry, I forgot the attachment.
>
>
>
> From: Richard
> Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:54 PM
> To: Dan
> Subject: RE: Flash Renamer 6.2
>
>
>
> Hello Dan,
>
>
>
> Is there a way to make the pattern box larger? Mine is very small, making it hard to read the patterns.
>
>
>
>
>
> I still have not been able to register. I have not been able to find a path similar to this: c:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\RL Vision\Flash Renamer\.
>
>
>
> The only Flash Renamer path I can find is: C:\Program Files\Flash Renamer.
>
>
>
> The settings are being saved, but I cannot find settings.bin, even after showing all hidden and system files. I looked in my local, locallow and roaming profile paths to no avail.
>
>
>
> I run Vista Ultimate SP2.
>
>
>
>
>
> From: Dan
> Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 1:07 PM
> To: Richard
> Subject: Re: Flash Renamer 6.2
>
>
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thank you very much for your letter! It always makes me very happy to hear from users who like my programs!
>
> The registration box will not appear the first day or so. This is to improve the first impression. But there should be a "link" under the "rename" button that allows you to register any time.
>
> Your suggestion is quite good. Currently you can do this for numbers, but not as easily with with strings. But if you enable "regular expressions" in the replace function then you should be able to do this too!
>
> // Dan
>
>
>
> Richard wrote:
>
> Dan,
>
>
>
> Flash Renamer is fantastic.
>
>
>
> I have been a PC user since 1981, an Apple II+ with 48K RAM and 9 B&W monitor. Dec. 2007 I purchased my current PC, a Sony Vaio VGN-AR690U (laptop) with 4GB 2.2Ghz RAM, 17 LCD, Blu-Ray RW drive, HD TV tuner, etc.
>
>
>
> I had to write that just so youd take it to heart that it is coming from an advanced PC user that Flash Renamer is fantastic.
>
>
>
> Where have you been? I cannot believe the number of times I have searched CNET and Googled to find a better Flash Renamerr than the two that I have used for ages.
>
>
>
> I registered today even though I usually postpone such until a trial period expires. In this case, there was no reason to delay.
>
>
>
>
>
> SUGGESTION / QUESTION.
>
> There is only one function that I use frequently that I cannot find, the ability to replace the nth occurrence of a string. Does it do that?
>
>
>
> TRIVIAL PROBLEM.
>
> Im not able to input my registration key because I never see a shareware window.
>
>
>
>
>
> Have a great weekend.
>
>
>
> Richard.
>
>
>
>
>


Back to Knowledge Base


 · Software
 · Download
 · Order



 RL Vision
 · About
 · Contact
 · News
 · Blog



 Shareware
 · Flash Renamer
 · PDF Img Extract
 · Exif Tag Remover
 · Dupli Find



 Freeware
 · Replace Genius
 · Office Img Extract
 · Notepad2 BE
 · PhotoSift
 · Hot Spot Studio
 · Snap2HTML
 · Snap2IMG
 · Bubble Math
 · DinnerWiz
 · NSF Tool
 · Beep.Exe



 Misc.
 · Changelogs
 · TitleQ
 · ArtGem
 · Graphics Tutorials
 · Win7 Font Bug
 · KB


Like my Freeware?

I'm on GitHub too!



 © 1998-2017 RL Vision